About the Course:
This webinar presents unique insights into Representations & Warranties insurance. (R&W insurance provides coverage for claims arising from a breach of representations and warranties.) R&W insurance is becoming critical in managing risks in acquisitions, bridging pricing gaps, protecting against insolvencies and indispensable in jurisdictions where enforcement of judgments is questionable.
If you don't know the answers to questions such as these, you really should listen to this webinar:
- How closely should R&W insurance mirror the purchase agreements?
- To what extent should the purchase of R&W coverage reduce the importance of due diligence?
- How can R&W insurance reduce the risk of private equity limited partners experiencing clawbacks from general partners?
- How do defense costs impact deductibles and retentions?
- What are "parallel policies"?
- To what extent are criminal fines and penalties excluded from R&W policies?
- To what extent is R&W insurance used in the acquisition of publicly-traded companies?
- Why is it important to review data rooms thoroughly when conducting due diligence?
- Where does the intersection of R&W insurance and parent / bank guarantees lie?
- What is the connection between R&W insurance and Fund Liquidation Insurance?
- What are the timelines and costs associated with procuring Representations & Warranties insurance coverage?
- What documentation is required to receive non-binding and binding quotations?
John McNally joined Beazley in January 2010 and leads the Transaction Liability Team. John has been underwriting representations and warranties, tax and contingent liability risks, both internationally and in the US since 1999. John’s previous experience was in complex claim litigation, including D&O, environmental and product liability.
Eric Marcks is a Corporate/M&A attorney in the Tokyo office of the New York-based international law firm White & Case LLP. He represents Japanese companies investing around the world and foreign investors investing in Japan, and in these transactions, he often works with R&W insurance. Eric began his legal career in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, where he practiced for seven years. He has been practicing in Tokyo for 6 years.
Course Length: Approx. 1.0 hours
$175.00 PER USER
Need help purchasing this course? Please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.