About the Course:
Those who gloss over their equipment lease contracts are condemned to suffer the draconian provisions contained therein.
Did you know that 30% of total lease obligations are not lease payments? Are you aware of the 32 possible surcharges that lessors include in lease agreements?
Did you know that when you invest in upgrading leased equipment, those enhancements are the property of the lessor? Did you know that failure to notify your lessor of your intention to terminate the lease 180 days before expiry triggers one year forced renewals?
This session provides the listener with insight as to how to negotiate common provisions in equipment lease contracts such as:
- Reciprocity of tax benefits
- End of term purchase price provisions such as mutually agreed prices, all or nothing, fair market value and caps
- Restocking, refurbishing and shipping fees
- Payment grace periods and late fees
- Remedies for changes of control triggering events of default
- Handling the signing of Certificates of Acceptance
- Nuances of negotiating with captive leasing companies versus bank leasing companies
- Inoculating yourself against common lessor sales tactics
- Best times of year to negotiate with lessors
- Implications of lessor taking secured interests in other of the lessees assets
Course Leaders:Jay Zeinfeld, President & CEO, The Optimus Group
Mr. Zeinfeld and his firm have represented a variety of Fortune 2000 companies in the legal, hi-tech, engineering, healthcare services, distribution, and manufacturing industries, including notable firms such as Golden State Foods Corporation, URS Corporation, Kinko's, Seagate Technology, Ingram Micro, Sukut Construction, and Aurora Healthcare.
Mr. Zeinfeld's unique understanding of the complexities and financial ramifications of equipment lease transactions has resulted in his firm's clients saving more than one hundred million dollars.
Course Length: Approx. 1.0 hours
$175 PER USER
Need help purchasing this course? Please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or at email@example.com.