About the Course:
This session provides a solid primer on traditional private offerings such as a transactions process timeline and a review of the roles of investment bankers and corporate lawyers. The program also addresses the roles of business plans, term sheets, and representations and warranties. This webinar features breaking crowdfunding issues that went into effect as a result of the JOBS Act.
- What are potential drawbacks associated with receiving equity investments from strategic venture funds?
- What is the difference between investment bankers and business brokers?
- Who should produce the closing documents?
- How might hiring investment bankers provide a selling company with more legitimacy in the eyes of buyers / investors?
- Why is confidentiality so important when negotiating private offerings?
- How might paying an investment banker a retainer reduce total deal costs?
- What is the definition of an accredited investor?
- Under the JOBS Act may an issuer market its offering to non-accredited investors?
- What is the difference between piggyback registrations and on-demand registrations?
- How might investors control crucial decisions at a company other than by board representation?
- What is the role of mezzanine funding?
- Where does the intersection of estate planning and private offerings lie?
Course Leaders: Peter R. Spirgel, Managing Shareholder, Flaster Greenberg
Peter R. Spirgel is the firm's managing shareholder and chief operating officer. He counsels businesses on taxation, shareholder issues, financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions and individuals in the area of Federal, State and Estate tax planning. Also a member of the firm's Alternative and Renewable Energy Industry Group, he represents clients engaged in or considering business ventures in emerging green energy fields such as solar, wind, geothermal, cogeneration, biofuels and biomass.
Dean M. Spear, Founder & President, The Benchmark Group, Inc.
Dean Spear formed The Benchmark Group, Inc. in 1998 as a specialized firm to offer business succession, investment banking, and financial advisory planning services for the owners of closely held businesses and individuals with high personal net worth. Prior to forming The Benchmark Group, Dean was a Senior Vice President for The Mid-Atlantic Companies, Ltd., one of the nation's premier diversified financial services boutique concentrating on the middle market.
Dean joined the firm in 1985 and was consistently a top producing director. In December 1997, First Union National Bank acquired The Mid-Atlantic Companies. After thirteen years at Mid-Atlantic, Dean formed The Benchmark Group, Inc. focusing on the same client-centric, professional services that were his trademark at Mid-Atlantic
Course Length: Approx. 1.5 hours
$295 PER USER
Need help purchasing this course? Please contact Neomi Barazani at 609-919-1895 ext. 100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.